PMS MADDEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
 photo 140596676069800-1_zpscf26d069.jpg

Photobucket
TeamiconrosTeamiconstatsTeamiconsched

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

photo 140596676069800-1_zpscf26d069.jpg

Idea to grow the league

Go down 
+6
jeffjk123
antdol7
SEFnificent
RyanPelley
emory0956
MethoSauRuS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MethoSauRuS
League Captain
League Captain
MethoSauRuS

Fantasy Team : TBD

Idea to grow the league  Empty
PostSubject: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 4:13 am

I've been thinking... Suspect

How can we grow the league without really giving up anything (like moving sites)

Then it hit me...

We could start a "D-league" sort of thing for new owners when the game comes out. We let it fill up with mostly brand new people (which would be easy)

We'd be gaining a flood of new owners that could potentially be brought in to our 2 main leagues as replacements

This league would be a lot more basic, likely without XFN or whatever we decide to use

For those of you that really want to be in more leagues, 8 of you can join this league (one of you per division)

That means 24 brand new people....

Only having a certain amount of people circulating the website makes it harder to find good replacement owners down the line, and doing this would make it really easy to bring up people from this "D-league" into our main ones

Tell me what you think.... (and if you'd want to be in it)

Back to top Go down
emory0956
Pro
Pro
emory0956

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 4:48 am

I wanna be pats
Back to top Go down
RyanPelley
Veteran
Veteran
RyanPelley

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 6:17 am

Good idea. Having the 8 of us in a "D league" would allow us to kind of 'screen' new owners, I guess. I'd definitely be down to join. Hook me up with the Packers, if you would.
Back to top Go down
SEFnificent
Pro
Pro
SEFnificent

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 10:32 am

ooooohhh....Cowboys!!!
Back to top Go down
antdol7
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 12:15 pm

Ill take the panthers for the nfc south
Back to top Go down
jeffjk123
Pro
Pro
jeffjk123

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 1:52 pm

EH I am not sure. Would make the chat floooded with trade talk from 3 different leagues. Plus, 24 different spots arent going to open up in the two main leagues for months. Some of these people will be in the D league for a while.

Also, what if a D leaguer is a superior madden player to someone currently in the 2 main leagues? That person can't just move up and take their team. They are stuck in the D league at that point.

Personally I think just having certain people as designated "recruiters" is a better idea...meaning when a spot opens up or you want to compile a wait list these people hit all the different madden related boards recruiting.

In theory a D league could be a good idea. In practice I think it will be a mess unless you have specific rules in place for promoting owners up.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
Pro
Pro
Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 2:20 pm

Sounds like a great idea but like jeff said the chat being flooded with all different talk would prly get annoying real quick. or instead of having a d lg and someone wants to join a spot in the league, you should give them a 1-2week period to see if there active in chat everyday,and posting in threads etc, also wanting to play games for fun. and if they pass that 2 week test then let them join. cause i see it alot, not in just this league but in others were a new person joins and there active the first day and they get a team, and thats it there dead and there never on the site and we gota annoy the fuck out of them to play there games.
Back to top Go down
MethoSauRuS
League Captain
League Captain
MethoSauRuS

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 3:56 pm

The chat being way too active isnt a bad thing. PM's are around for a reason
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
Pro
Pro
Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 4:36 pm

yah pms are there for a reason your right, i just thought it would get to crowded in a way but i get what your saying
Back to top Go down
clutchh28
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 4:42 pm

i like the recruit idea also im sure we all will know plenty of active players that arent in lg, i have plenty on my friends list that are daily players, i think everyone in the main lg has to be hardcore players and on chat or xbox frequently
Back to top Go down
MethoSauRuS
League Captain
League Captain
MethoSauRuS

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 5:49 pm

Yeah clutch, and im sure there are a lot of ppl out there looking for a league that doesnt fall apart, there are hardly any like this. Only having our main ppl involved is limiting and doesnt let other people benefit from this league's greatness black guy
Back to top Go down
jeffjk123
Pro
Pro
jeffjk123

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 5:54 pm

How will you regulate who is promoted?

And will that person want to leave the team they have built to move up?

I thinkg you would be better off not making it a D league. Instead, just make a 3rd league and only let 8 PMS members in. That way you dont have to hassle with promoting people or whatever.
Back to top Go down
clutchh28
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 6:06 pm

just have 5 ppl set for recruiters will be easier and better ppl that u trust there word id be down for that
Back to top Go down
RyanPelley
Veteran
Veteran
RyanPelley

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 6:31 pm

I have an idea. New people have to endure a gauntlet, defeating the top 10 people in this league, in order. Say they win the first nine games and lose the last, they must start over. And only when completed, they join a waiting list.
Back to top Go down
Fooath
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 9:37 pm

I like the idea, but not the 8 regulars. Leave it for new guys if you get any complaints you can address them. And just make sure to weed out inactives. Don't need regulars raping some new guys as they just join the league. Already get enough people who quit after not being able to compete with some owners. Let them get their feet wet, and work on their skills before some owners bend them over...
Back to top Go down
Aaa
League Captain
League Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/4/2012, 4:46 am

Agree with Jeff, if you want more people on the site just make a 3rd league that none of us can join besides whoever is running it, dont call it a dleague. What incentive would people have to join something considered a dleague when theres gonna be plenty of leagues around at the start of m13 kobeeee
Back to top Go down
jeffjk123
Pro
Pro
jeffjk123

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/4/2012, 12:59 pm

kobe
Back to top Go down
emory0956
Pro
Pro
emory0956

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime8/4/2012, 3:57 pm

put the worst players like fooath and cashman in the d lg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea to grow the league    Idea to grow the league  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea to grow the league
Page 1 of 1